Friday, August 4, 2017

8-4-2017: The Keeler Show, WIBX 950AM

This morning I had the pleasure of being on the Bill Keeler Show - WIBX, 950 AM. It was a quick few minutes and Bill asked me some pointed questions: Why am I running, what do I hope to accomplish, and similar. I pointed out we are overtaxed and over-regulated, our sales tax is the highest in Upstate NY and that we are losing population (our best and brightest) on the average of 1000 people a year since the early 1970s. I added that the population loss would be much higher if we didn't have the influx of refugees and also that we now count the prison population in the census, which is roughly ~5000 people alone in the 2 Marcy prisons.

Half way or so through the interview, Bill got an email from somebody at the County Executive's office saying I was wrong and that we enjoy low property tax rates. First, I was stunned that somebody from the CE Office would be listening and respond, and second that they would respond by trying to sell the listeners that we have low taxes. What kind of Kool-Aid have they been drinking lately?

The fact that somebody from the CE's office is listening and responded raises a question all by itself: Are we, Oneida County taxpayers, paying the salary of a person paid to listen to talk radio and defend the 10th floor?

Are we paying for a PR person to defend the County Executive and his Legislators? Is this the "data analyst" that serves the Board of Legislators?  Please, come forward and identify yourself. I put my name to all of what I say and do, now it's your turn. Let's put some sunshine on what's going on in county government.

In closing, I'd like to thank Bill Keeler for having me on and I'm sure he will afford Mrs. Pratt the same opportunity. And yes, since you asked, Bill, as I answered: I will be glad to debate Mrs. Pratt at any time and any place with advance notice, of course. Your show is probably the best forum and again, I thank you.

I would be remiss if I didn't close by asking for your vote if you are a Republican or Conservative on Primary Day, September 12. It's only a little over 1 month away.

Thank you.

-Don

1 comment:

  1. Good man.You have served well in the past, and by my estimations, will again.

    ReplyDelete

Paul Miscione, you deserve a round of applause

On primary day (last Sept. 12) two certainties were established: One, Mrs. Pratt was going to be the 16th-District County Legislator in 2018...