Monday, August 21, 2017

It's Debatable

When I was on the Keeler Show (WIBX 950AM) 2 or so weeks ago, Bill asked me if I would be willing to debate my opponent. I answered yes and thought he was going to set it up ... or at least extend an invitation to Mrs. Pratt seeing if she'd be interested in an on-air debate.

In the meanwhile, another group broached the debate issue by trying to set one up with all the primary candidates in New Hartford having an opportunity to participate. Unfortunately, it fell through. It is not going to happen.

So again I brought up the issue of a debate before the primary (Sept 12) for District 16. A letter has been mailed to my opponent inviting her to debate me and Keeler has been informed that a real attempt to set this up is underway.

I'd really like D-16 voters to hear both of us and decide for themselves who they'd like to represent them. I'm hoping a real debate will happen ... and I'll be sure to update this blog with details as they become known to me.

If it doesn't happen, it won't be because I refused to take part in it. Logistics being what they are with the clock running out, I'm not going to blame my opponent if it doesn't happen either. (Unless she flat out refuses to debate, then I'll take a different view).

I'll keep you posted.

In any event, if you are a D-16 Republican or Conservative, please vote on Primary Day, Sept 12. I respectfully ask for your vote.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now for National Politics: The Humor is the Profit

Last week I received an unexpected piece of mail. It was a request for a political donation from a US Senator from the Boston area. Yes, Ms....